Bakarindi Macadamia Satay won a GOLD medal at the prestigious Sydney Royal Fine Food Show in 2014 and is proudly hand-made on the Coffs Coast at Upper Corindi. An Australian version of an Asian classic using traditional Asian spices with Australian bush foods, try it in this family favourite recipe.
- 500gm chicken or turkey mince
- 1/4 cup fresh or 1tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 a medium sized brown onion finely chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 good tablespoon of Bakarindi Macadamia Satay, plus extra for serving
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ground oats or cornflakes
- Olive oil or macadamia oil for cooking
- In a bowl combine all together, it’s easier to get in there with your hands and squish together.
- With slightly wet hands roll balls of mixture and flatten each one
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat or on a BBQ
- Cook a few rissoles at a time until browned and cooked through.
Serve on a bread roll with a good dollop of Bakarindi Macadamia Satay and your favourite salad, or serve on a plate with mashed potato and vegetables. These can be rolled in smaller balls for easy finger food entertaining and dipped into the Bakarindi Macadamia Satay. Thin the satay sauce with yoghurt if required.
Bakarindi Macadamia Satay contains: Roasted macadamias, macadamia oil, dark palm sugar, onion, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, tumeric, tamarind paste, lemon juice, Bakarindi Ringa Stinga Relish and lemon myrtle. Gluten free.
Discover their full range of traditional and bush food products at www.bakarindi.com.au