STAY SAFE ON OUR ROADS
If you are planning to drive while visiting the Coffs Coast, you’ll find many great roads to explore.
The Coffs Coast is easily accessible with the Pacific Highway connecting between Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Once you’re on the Coffs Coast you may want to explore some of the scenic country roads leading off in the surrounding hills.
To ensure you enjoy driving and stay safe on the roads, you will need to adjust your driving to suit changing weather and road conditions.
Road conditions vary significantly between motorway, country roads and dirt tracks in the Coffs Coast region. So planning your journey and familiarising yourself with the road rules will minimise your risk and help keep you safe.
SOME BASIC ROAD RULES
YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF
• Drive on the left in Australia
• Don’t drink alcohol and drive a vehicle
• Drive at safe speeds and under the speed limit
• Slow down on gravel roads or when the road is wet
• Don’t use your mobile phone while driving a vehicle
• If you break down, pull over to a safe place on the side of the road
• If you want to take photos, pull over to a safe place on the side of the road
• If you have a crash, stop and exchange details with the other driver
• Stop for Police when directed