Attend a Fire Cooking Masterclass on Levenvale Farm on Sunday 25th June from 8am – 2pm.
Learn how to cook over fire from pit fire master, Charly Pretet of Terra Firma.
Charly is the name behind renowned restaurants such as Cuistance in Paris, The French Pan Tree in Yamba and is also a recipient of the Australian Food Guide Chef Hat in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Limited by where he could enjoy cooking good food in the midst of the pandemic, Charly started up Terra Firma. Inspired by the traditional Argentinian Asado barbecue method, Charly has brought his kitchen without borders to hundreds of people since, catering to small and large-scale events.
Now, he is teaching his craft in this 6-hour masterclass. During this workshop, you will learn all the basic skills to nail a cook-up over an open fire.
What will we cook ?
– Hung and slow fire roasted chicken
– Reversed seared Beef Rib Eye
– Barramundi Smoked on the wooden plank
– Coals roasted pumpkin /burnt balsamic dressing/ feta
– Crispy smashed potatoes over the fire
– Smoked cabbage and Cauliflower slaw, burnt citrus dressing
– Smoked Pineapple / Dulce de leche / Cinnamon Crumble
THING WE ARE GOING TO DO
Learn how to start and cook over the open fire at every stage
Learn the different methods of cooking: Smoking / Grilling / Slow roasting / Coal searing
Learn how to prepare different proteins and vegetables to cook them over the fire following different recipes.
Learn about all the different stages of fire and how to cook and manage the heat during the cooking process.
– Industry chefs and cooks seeking to increase their skillset
– Home cook looking to nail the art of barbequing
You will enjoy a lunch to feast and enjoy all the delicious food we have been cooking together.
Cooking on the open fire is all about selecting beautiful ingredients, taking the time to cook and enjoying the moment in good company, so let’s do it together in our next Fire Cooking Master Class.