Bring your favourite sticks, shells and seeds from the beach, and we can turn them into a dangly shell Ocean Hanger or Ocean Mobile with local Gumbaynggirr Artist Lilly Clegg.
There will be lots of sticks and shells to use however you are encouraged to bring things that are special to you.
Actively welcomes people with access needs.
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Use floors/coverings which are slip resistant, firm and smooth
- Use non-slip tiles in the bathroom or slip resistant matting
- Have grab rails in the bathroom
- Provide seating in common areas including reception area
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Have a wheelchair accessible toilet / shower and change room
- Have wheelchair accessible picnic tables (picnic tables require 720mm knee clearance and 800mm maximum height)
- Have at least one wheelchair accessible parking space with wheelchair accessible signage clearly displayed (International standards are 3200mm wide x 2500 mm high)
- Have step free outdoor pathways (includes picnic areas, barbecues and shelters)
- Have a step free main entrance to the building and/or reception area (includes ramps or slopes with a maximum gradient of 1:14, otherwise are too steep for wheelchairs)
- Have accessible seating areas in theatrette
- Have an accessible public toilet which is unlocked
- Provides general access facilities and services for people with access needs.
- Offer multiple options for booking - web, email, phone
- Offer a range of contact methods for receiving complaints
- Have accessibility information and photos, including of a bathroom, room and/or floor plan on your website (can be emailed on request)