Coffs Harbour is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic areas within regional New South Wales (NSW) and has been identified as:
- One of only two regional areas in NSW to be included in the Federal Government’s initial roll-out of the National Broadband Network;
- A major regional centre by the NSW Government;
- Selected as one of the world’s Smart21 Communities of 2014 by the Intelligent Community Forum; and
- One of Australia’s most recognised visitor destinations.
For a brief overview of the Coffs Harbour economy head to the Local Economy Dashboard.
The Coffs Economic Update is a quarterly publication produced by the Coffs Harbour City Council Industry and Destination Development team, and aims to provide key economic and business indicators relating to the local economy.
Coffs Harbour City Council has launched a new tool which provides vastly improved access to information about the community and will give individuals, community groups and organisations the chance to better understand the community.
The information is presented in simple, clear tables, interactive maps and charts with concise factual commentary:
- Coffs Harbour City Council Community Atlas
- Coffs Harbour City Community Profile
- Coffs Harbour City population forecasts
- Coffs Harbour City Economic Profile
Other economic data can be found on Regional Development Australia’s Mid North Coast website which compares the Coffs Coast data to that of the Mid North Coast region.