Heritage & Historical Tours

Coffs Harbour was originally known as Korff’s Harbour after Captain John Korff, who sheltered here in 1847 but this name was misspelt on Sydney survey records so it remains known as Coffs Harbour to this day.

Coffs Harbour was used as a shipping port to carry cedar logs which were rafted down the creek then loaded and shipped out. From around the turn of the century, farmers introduced dairy herds, these where the mainstay of the district until the profitability of cultivating, banana’s and other fruit and vegetables became apparent in the 1930’s.

Heritage & Historical Tours options